Technical Specialist – Southampton – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Technical Specialist.
Based in Southampton, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Specialist to work in a fast paced and energetic Technical Delivery team. The successful candidate will have a proven history of delivering technical IT projects across a wide range of technologies, working with large-scale specialist 3rd parties and providing 3rd line technical support.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide change and project implementation skills across the IT Infrastructure while also delivering 3rd line support & problem resolution.
- Ensure that all parts of the Infrastructure are performing optimally and are resilient.
- The role is also responsible for a selection of sites, their systems and operational excellence.
- Drive strong incident and request management, delivering a best in class service.
- Provide innovation and advice on the technologies used to support and run company
- Ensure all technical implementations and changes adhere to the change control process.
- Ensure all technical implementations and changes are fully documented.
- Able to carry out technical implementation work from Technical Architects or following assigned ER (Enhancement Request) work.
- Ensure all incidents and requests that are passed to a 3rd party are managed in a professional and timely manner, ensuring ownership of the resolution of the incident or request until agreed closure.
- Carry out upgrades and maintenance to the technologies used to support and run company environments in-line with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Ability to work across organisational boundaries, facilitating collaboration, and identifying synergies and suggest efforts that equate to revenue improvements / cost savings.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all IT service teams.
- Ensure all fixes and workarounds are documented and are within the stipulated guidelines and in accordance with the IT Security Policy.
- Ensure incidents and requests assigned to the Infrastructure Specialist team are resolved within agreed SLT’s.
- Member of an OOH rota providing technical support for P1 incidents.
- Carry out problem management with an aim to implementing automated and robust solutions to avoid recurrence of incidents.
- Liaise with 3rd parties to ensure all outsourced technical infrastructure is running optimally.
- Ensure all our operational software, alerting and processes are updated and agreed.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Responsible for the technical health and operational capabilities of all infrastructure & end user experience at a selection of assigned sites.
- Travel is expected to other sites as and when required by incidents, requests, projects or other requirements, a proactive visit is expected at least monthly.
Experience & Qualifications:
- In depth experience and knowledge of at least one specific platform used within the company.
- Experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work autonomously and adapt to changing use of technology.
- Ability to travel throughout the UK and work unsociable hours when required.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing & highly visible environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Detailed understanding of core Microsoft products.
To be considered for this position please apply below.