Technical Architect – Southampton – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Technical Architect.
Based in Southampton, the job purpose is as follows:
- The role of Technical Architect is to define and own the end to end technical architecture across the company. To ensure all technical elements of project work or enhancement requests are implemented to agreed architecture and design and deliver solutions that meet identified business solutions and exceed expectations.
- The successful candidate should be aware of standards such as TOGAF, ITIL & Agile.
- The role is aligned with a number of sites and should ensure that systems are robust and supportable.
- Design and implement well planned, maintained and supported architectures that, where possible, align with a centralised simplified thinking.
- The role should continuously review the external marketplace, lead innovative change proposals and contribute to the strategic direction for the technical landscape. The role is accountable for all technical elements from Citrix, Desktops (EUC), WAN, LAN, WiFi networks, Datacentres, Cloud services (AWS, MS 365), VoIP (RingCentral), legacy PABX & all other systems and system components that exist across the enterprise.
- The role expects individuals to also enjoy a hands approach to Architecture and an inquisitive and interested drive for technology.
- Act as technical mentor to the 3rd line Technical Specialist staff, supporting them in the implementation of designs or when troubleshooting incidents.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities include:
- Develop a culture and work in a manner that is aligned with the company’s values & behaviours.
- Lead the definition of Technology Architecture and Technology Solutions and define the way in which all platforms and systems should be planned, structured, implemented and managed.
- Create, own & lead the Technology Roadmap and be responsible for guiding the implementation of the technology platforms needed to support the organisations goals, projects and initiatives.
- Contribute to the organisation’s financial well-being by ensuring that business and commercial outcomes are a major part of evaluating the performance of projects and solutions.
- Influence the requirements of the application & data solutions.
- Act as the point of technical escalation and leadership in all incidents and issues that are complex and involve levels of our architecture.
- Carry out or lead hands on technical design work, ensuring handover of the implementation to Technical Specialists (Technical Delivery Team).
- Manage all 3rd parties where there is Premier infrastructure, attending meetings and being accountable for our service.
- Ensure SAP & SQL database platform runs optimally and lead upgrade and change activities.
- Awareness of all technical and infrastructural elements of SAP.
- Responsible for SQL clusters design, performance and operational status.
- Responsible for centralised file services availability, capacity and performance.
- Accountable for the correct software licence position for those related to infrastructure. Highlight shortfalls, risks and options.
- Ability to work across organisational boundaries, facilitating collaboration, and identifying synergies and lead efforts that equate to revenue improvements / cost savings.
- Own the strategic direction for the technology footprint on an enterprise level.
- Validate architectural decisions contributing to cost effective solutions.
- Establish and maintain an integrated architectural framework across the organisation’s technical landscape.
- Develop architecture for implementing common services and solutions.
- Create an architectural repository and produce reference models for all systems across the landscape.
Knowledge and Specific Job Skills:
- 10 years’ plus experience of working with complex technical environments preferred.
- Depth of knowledge across multiple technologies.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Linux experience.
- Strong WAN / LAN / WiFi design and troubleshooting experience.
- SQL Server knowledge.
- Citrix design & delivery principles.
- Cloud Design & management– AWS, MS365.
- DB2 exposure.
- Application Packaging awareness, MSI / Orca / App-V.
- Demonstrated exceptional experience in the documentation and communication of architectural design, solution requirements and solution deliverables.
To be considered for this position please apply below.