Group HR Manager – Maidenhead – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Group HR Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the group, you will be required to support the businesses to achieve their strategic and financial objectives by maximising the contribution of employees through the development and implementation of effective HR policies in recruitment, retention, remuneration, employee relations and training and development.
Being responsible and holding overall accountability for all UK Sites in relation to HR and based at Maidenhead with extensive travel to the Taunton and Corby sites.
- Data Protection Manager for the group, ensuring compliance, undertaking Privacy Impact Assessments. Cooperate with the GDPR Supervisory Authority and ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures that interpret accurately employee rights as detailed in statute, regulations and code of practice.
- Champion positive employee relations and consistent management behaviour.
- Champion improved communication across the business.
- Manage and monitor effective recruitment and induction for salaried staff, using the appropriate recruitment media for the position in question.
- In all areas of the operation ensure equal treatment of all employees regardless of race, ethnic group, disability, gender and marital status.
- Support the strategic direction of the Group by keeping the Directors and Site Management teams up to date with human resources best practice; the current and proposed statutory position.
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievement within agreed formats and timescales.
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets, including HR and Training budgets.
- Plan and facilitate the training of employees, including senior managers, maintain contact with outside resources for training.
- To advise and support line managers in the handling of all employee relations matters. To support the business in resolving matters of conflict at the earliest opportunity and providing an independent mediation role where appropriate and to be involved in an advisory capacity in the management of any formal processes within these areas and to attend formal hearings.
- To advise managers on staffing structures and job design, and provide guidance on the processes involved.
- To locally manage areas of legal challenge, such as employment tribunal applications – in liaison with both internal and external parties, including solicitors.
Training and Qualifications:
- CIPD Level 5 or 7 and several years’ generalist experience working at the same or a similar level preferred.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Microsoft Office/Computer skills.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Up to date knowledge of current employment legislation.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to handle conflicting pressures.
- Experience of dealing with multi-cultural workforce.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with external agencies etc.
- To maintain absolute discretion in handling sensitive/confidential data.
- Professional, personable and friendly approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and commercial acumen.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- To work collaboratively and in a supportive, friendly manner within the HR team and other departments.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build appropriate professional, friendly and accessible relationships with people who use the HR service.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to actively seek and find solutions to problems; Ability to investigate enquiries and respond in timely manner.
To be considered for this position please apply below.