CNC Miller – Andover, Hampshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a CNC Miller.
Primary Job Function:
- To operate the CNC machines ensuring Quality standards and efficiency is constantly at the fore front of the business.
- Produce precision components from 3D computer models and paper drawings.
- Create, load, examine and modify CNC programmes.
- Set up tools and load materials onto CNC machine.
- Carry out machining of components.
- Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection to the authorised level.
- Identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements.
- Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives.
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat and tidy.
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required.
Skills / Knowledge / Tools:
- Fully skilled time served engineer / tool maker with CNC milling experience.
- CNC setter/operator.
- Used to working to fine tolerances with non-ferrous materials.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment.
- HEIDENHAIN experience desirable.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach.
- Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times