Bid Manager – Cambridge – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Bid Manager.
Home based or in Cambridge, set within a dynamic market and a successful environment, we are now seeking a Bid Manager, responsible for supporting Key Account Managers in preparation of strategic proposals and ensuring all of our internal processes are applied ensuring the success of our teams.
- Supporting Key Account Managers in the preparation of strategic proposals with:
– Leader of the Bid preparation from the first meeting to internal kick off meetings, to transfer responsibilities to delivery organisation.
– Support sales by creating the bid strategy and identify required resources.
– Mobilizing resources contributing to the bid offer preparation.
– Illustrate solution concepts in business cases or cost calculations.
– Compile final offer documents and ensure the quality of final answer delivered to the client.
– Attending customer meetings.
- Ensuring that internal financial rules are followed and standard tools are used.
- Ensure internal processes are applied.
- Transfer knowledge; documents and communicate project results for re-use supporting development of the pre-sales communities of interest.
- Contribute to the Win/Loss analysis and action plan follow up to ensure process improvement and ROI.
Education & Experience:
- Scientific background (Masters in Lifesciences) plus Marketing and or Project Management.
- 5-10 years in the technical field (Regulatory Affairs or more globally R&D department) and at least 2 years of professional experience in a similar role within an international and multicultural environment.
- Ability to understand technical content with methodology and strong experience on how to transform and write a technical and complex project content into a crystal-clear solution, tailor made for the business needs.
- Solid experience in Proposal writing.
- Team player attitude.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to manage deadlines to avoid time pressure.
- Excellent social and communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Fluent in English for daily contact with internal and external partners, German and French would be a plus.
- Good organisational skills.
- Goal orientated.
- Good computer skills MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and CRM Salesforce).
To be considered for this position please apply below.