Team Manager – Sheffield – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Team Manager.
Based in Sheffield, the role is part of an operational team and is responsible for leading a team of negotiators to resolve arrears on accounts, primarily through telephone negotiation. The role reports to the Senior Collections Manager.
The primary objectives of the role are to:
- Lead the day to day operations of the team to ensure effective management of caseloads and ensure accounts are actioned on a timely basis.
- Plan, prioritise and schedule team activities and resources to ensure best financial return, by meeting all key targets and KPI’s.
- Monitor status of team’s activities to identify problem areas and adapt procedures / work methods / schedules as required to improve overall performance of the team.
- Conduct as a minimum, daily briefings of activity with your team, monthly performance 1:1’s with all Negotiators, monthly team meetings and appraisals in line with the company timetable.
- Respond to more complex queries escalated from team members.
- Manage team overtime, holidays, RTW, productivity.
- Uplift performance at individual and team level to ensure service standards are maintained and underperformers are managed up or out of the business quickly.
- Monitor call quality in conjunction with the call analysts, providing support and coaching activity to drive improved performance, including side by side / remote call listening / call calibration.
- Carry out regular account reviews to maximize collection activity and identify opportunities for improvement in team’s performance.
- Handle manager calls and queries, including deputising for Senior Collections Manager in their absence.
- Log complaints and take appropriate action and preventive measures.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, client and internal policy and procedure requirements.
- Support the team to meet or exceed set standards by achieving agreed performance objectives and key performance indicator.
- Work in partnership with other departments in to meet business objectives.
- Adhere at all times to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly.
- Working in line with Company and legislative requirements in Health, Safety & Welfare for both self and others.
Skills & Competencies:
- Working knowledge of FCA regulations and DPA / GDPR principles,
- People Management.
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bright and enthusiastic nature.
- Dispute resolution.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional approach to all circumstances.
- Good organisational and administrative skills with a proven ability to prioritise tasks.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- MS Office and / or Google experience.
- Debt Collection Agency experience.
- Experience of working on a telephone dialler.
To be considered for this position please apply below.