Mortgage Underwriter – Sheffield – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Mortgage Underwriter.
Based in Sheffield, the successful candidate will deliver excellence in customer service and shareholder value, making decisions in line with the Company’s responsible lending and underwriting policies.
To process and underwrite mortgage applications in accordance with the Company’s policies.
- Observe regulatory and ethical standards.
- Demonstrate adherence to policies and procedures.
- Deliver excellent customer service through decision making, attention to detail, problem solving and communication.
Overview of Key Tasks:
- Approve mortgages in accordance with Board authorities.
- Authorise releases and transfers of security / equity in accordance with Board authorities.
- Support development of mortgage intermediaries / sales channels in conjunction with BDMs to improve the quality of business submitted. This will include working from mortgage intermediaries offices if a roving underwriter.
- Achieve agreed service levels and recognised best practice in respect of mortgage underwriting.
- Demonstrate compliance with the Company’s policy and procedures including liaison with the Risk and Compliance Function and Internal and External Auditors.
- Operate in accordance with the regulatory requirements as applied by the Company’s responsible lending and underwriting policies.
- Comply with the provisions of the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 (and any successors thereafter) and the Company’s Financial Crime policies and procedures.
- Maintain adequate records in accordance with regulatory requirements for such matters as affordability calculations, KFIs, underwriting records questionnaires etc.
- Apply the Company’s systems and controls to meet the requirements of regulatory compliance in all areas including financial crime, human resources, data protection, finances and conduct of business.
- Maintain current knowledge of all aspects of relevant company law and applicable regulations.
- Participate in training and continuing professional development (CPD).
To be considered for this position please apply below.