Complaints Handler – Sheffield – Permanent (Part-time, 25hrs per week)
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Complaints Handler.
Based in Sheffield, the successful candidate will be responsible for handling customer complaints for the Companies through all forms of communication by investigating and resolving, whilst adhering to regulatory and legislative requirements.
Within this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to improving the experience that our Client’s customers receive, both now and in the future and assist in the preparation of the Companies’ periodic FCA complaints report using the Gabriel system.
- Ability to handle customer objections effectively through to resolution and make a final decision on the merits of the complaint.
- Responsible for maintaining all information and correspondence relating to complaints on the Zendesk complaints database.
- Take ownership and carry out full investigation and resolution of issues through listening, probing and analysing complaints to determine the underlying needs of the customer.
- Ensure adherence to the Companies’ internal complaints procedure and Client requirements and that appropriate complaint records are completed and maintained.
- Identify the root cause of complaints.
Skills & Competencies:
- At least 1 year’s mortgage complaints handling in a regulated financial services environment.
- An understanding of DISP, FCA requirements, Data Protection legislation, Consumer Credit Act and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with customers.
- Good problem solving and investigative skills.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Complaints handling within consumer credit and/or debt collection financial services environment.
To be considered for this position please apply below.