Financial Planner – Claygate – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Financial Planner.
Based in Claygate, the successful candidate will maintain and service an existing section of our client bank with the support of Senior Financial Planners. Providing timely annual reviews and a high level of customer service to support our clients in achieving their financial goals. They will also support Senior Financial Planners with research and administration when taking on new clients.
- To ensure that the firm’s clients are treated fairly at all times.
- Comply at all times with the firm’s Compliance; Training & Competence; Anti-Money Laundering, Complaints and Data Security procedures.
- Comply at all times with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, the FCA Statements of Principle & Code of Practice and the relevant FCA rules at all times.
- Keep up-to-date with new product, technical or legislative changes within the marketplace.
- Liaising with Senior Financial Planners and clients to ensure the firms service commitments are met and wherever possible exceeded.
- To work as part of a team alongside the firm’s advisers and administrators to provide clients with a professional ongoing Financial Planning experience.
- Undertake report writing and drafting financial plans.
- Establish and build strong relationships with clients ensuring that their needs and objectives are understood.
- Review qualitative and quantitative analysis of client’s existing products to determine whether they meet the client’s current objectives and priorities.
- Preparing Financial Plans and Product Recommendations to meet the needs of a specific cross section of TMFP’s clients.
- To take instruction from Senior Financial Planners within the business.
- Maintaining records to support any research undertaken and carrying out all tasks in a manner that is consistent with compliance procedures.
- Ensure that the client’s annual financial review takes place in a timely manner.
- Undertake sufficient research to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs and objectives.
- Ensure suitable recommendations are made in line with the client’s objectives.
- Ensure all supporting documentation is maintained to a compliant standard.
- Ensure implementation of advice completed in a timely fashion and in line with any agreed timescales discussed with the client.
- Maintain all standards of performance as required by the firm.
- To have the ability to strategically analyse available solutions.
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to clients both verbally and in writing.
- Have the ability to gain a commitment from clients.
- Under the direction of senior colleagues research protection, pension & investment products and an understanding of the key information required that may affect our recommendations.
- The ability to undertake detailed quantitative and qualitative research on legacy products, identifying where more in-depth analysis and questioning of providers is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact directly with clients and other members of staff at all levels.
- Excellent report writing skills with good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Effective time management.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude towards work is essential.
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- 3 years working in a financial planning practice in a paraplanning role.
- Qualified to Certificate level in Financial Planning (QCF Level 4) or above.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
Other Useful Qualifications & Experience:
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Status.
- Knowledge of the following back office / financial software:
- Microsoft Office
- Intelligent Office
- Financial Express
To be considered for this position please apply below.