Negotiator – Sheffield – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Negotiator.
Based in Sheffield and working on the front line of operations, the role of Negotiator is to identify appropriate customer solutions on accounts, primarily through telephone negotiation, having gathered information to inform and support the solution.
The primary objective of the role is to Negotiate best possible solutions for Customers on all accounts following internal processes and procedures, working in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
- Effectively manage allocated caseload to ensure all accounts are actioned in a timely manner.
- Review customer accounts to determine and propose the best possible resolution.
- Contact customers via telephone/letter to negotiate on accounts.
- Negotiate with customers to ensure solutions are affordable, signposting to sources of free debt advice where necessary and identifying and dealing with vulnerable customers appropriately.
- Follow up on payment promises to secure ongoing payment arrangements.
- Work with Team Manager to effectively manage problem cases and agree next steps.
- Update client accounts accurately and concisely.
- Negotiate settlement terms with debtors or appointed third parties as per client mandate.
- Provide a ‘shadowing’ facility to colleagues either new to the business, or new to the team.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, and internal policy and procedure Requirements.
- Support the team to meet or exceed set standards by achieving agreed performance objectives and key performance indicators.
- Work in partnership with other departments to meet business objectives.
- Adhere at all times to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly.
- Working in line with Company and legislative requirements in Health, Safety & Welfare for both self and others.
To be considered for this position please apply below.