Contracts Negotiator – Gloucester – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Contracts Negotiator.
Based in Gloucester, the successful candidate will Administer complex acquisitions and requisitions:
- Have a good knowledge of the different types of commercial/contract models and how to use them and a thorough commercial knowledge and understanding of assigned programmes.
- Ensure Terms and Conditions are being adhered to including flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers.
- Liaise with internal organisations, customers and suppliers in support of above and provide guidance and advice relevant to assigned agreements.
- Organise and maintain contract files.
- Ensure timeliness of all contract actions including DCAs, contract summaries and contract close out in a complete and timely manner.
- Keep leads, team leads and/or managers appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution.
- Independently define risks and provide solutions for contract issues and changes.
Undertake source selection requiring innovative approaches:
- Is main interface between customer, supplier and internal organisation.
- Issue and analyse RFQs/ITTs including multi criteria.
- Evaluates multiple contract packages.
- Supplier identification.
- Vetting of responses.
- Make recommendations to lead, team lead or manager (as appropriate) in regards to the outcome of the selection process, including identification of any risks or alternatives associated with the selection.
Carry out negotiations in support of the above:
- Negotiations completed in a reasonable time.
- Co-ordinates and prepares negotiation plan including approval process.
- Leads fact findings, negotiations and follow-up activity, with support.
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions on non-standard agreements.
Provide assistance to senior contract administrators and managers as directed in support of the management of complex contracts.
Possess and demonstrate analytical, planning, negotiation skills and knowledge.
The post holder works under general supervision against established procedures.
Reports to either Leads, Team Leads or Manager.
Prepares and/or assists in preparation of correspondence, presentations, reports and/or contract summaries and briefs facility management on related issues.
May, with direction, supervise work flow of agency staff and ITs.
Shall be cognisant of all relevant processes.
Provides advice and counsel to peers and leads on related subjects.
Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Typical minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role preferred.
- MOD and / or Commercial IT contracting experience preferred.
- Good working knowledge and drafting experience of terms and conditions.
- Experience of managing and developing relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Collaborative approach to internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- DV clearance preferred but not essential.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.