Channel Director – Northamptonshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Channel Director.
Home based, the successful candidate will lead and coach the Channel Sales Team of a Food Service manufacturer, build a sales budget, set team & individual targets to ensure the business meets both its sales and EBITDA targets. In addition, they will recruit, train, motivate and support the sales team, help guide NPD activity to develop core business and in new business development, develop Category Management expertise to add market intelligence and insights within the Channel and work cross-functionally, whilst also establishing strong commercial relationships with senior management internally and with external customer base to ensure continual channel development.
Channel Director Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Strategic accountability for the designated Sales Channel.
- Achieve and exceed sales and margin targets for the Sales Channel.
- To lead, coach & develop the channel sales team to assist in execution of the business strategy across the channel.
- To set the sales budget and monitor performance vs budget to take corrective action where necessary.
- Set and manage team and individual targets to ensure delivery against budget.
- Construct and implement Joint Business Plans with all major customers.
- Play a key role in building a positive culture across all functions within the business.
- To lead the Customer Relationship at senior levels.
- To build cross functional ways of working.
- To work with the NPD function for the development of the Channel.
- To work with the Category Management function to provide Category Captain expertise across all relevant categories.
- To manage and control pricing and terms for all customers.
- To lead and support the channel sales team in price increases.
- To build and lead a new business pipeline.
- To play a key role as part of the senior commercial team.
- To recruit & where necessary manage performance to build and maintain a high performing highly motivated team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level with 10+ years commercial experience in the food service industry (Food industry essential) preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the restaurant and pub industry ideally with strong relationships at senior level in the major customers (essential).
- Excellent customer facing skills with the gravitas to operate at a senior level within customer base.
- Leadership skills and the gravitas and ability to lead a sales team (essential).
- Superb interpersonal skills and must exhibit honesty, integrity, reliability, resilience and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An advanced negotiator with high attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Solid commercial skills with prior experience of full P&L management.
- Interpret, understand and act upon data to turn into actionable insights.
- Experience across brand and private label (desirable).
- Joint business planning and monitoring.
- Can demonstrate a strategic overview as well as being able to show effective planning, briefing and implementation of initiatives.
- Fully IT literate.
To be considered for this position please apply below.