Senior Product Manager – Paddington, London – 17 Month Contract (Maternity Cover)
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Senior Product Manager.
The Maternity cover for Snr. Product Manager for Haematology UK & Ireland is a pivotal commercial leadership role, with responsibility for all Marketing Activities for a suite of key strategic Haemophilia brands in a highly dynamic market. There is a large focus on launch and prelaunch activities of 3 brands.
The role is reporting to and works closely with the Franchise Head Haematology. It requires strong leadership across several functions (field sales, access, regulatory, etc.) in an International matrix organisation and has high visibility with Senior Management both in the UK/Ireland cluster and also with leadership internationally. Importantly, the role is also expected to build strong relationships with external stakeholders and customers. The role requires experience in rare diseases, product launches and tender markets.
This role is an exciting opportunity to work with the globally leading company in Haemophilia and rare diseases and deliver impactful therapeutic options to patients with a rare disease.
- Implement a marketing plan for products within range by coordinating input from all parties involved to identify a clear marketing strategy and identify communication goals.
- Managing product lifecycle and new market opportunities for growth.
- Create lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with KOLs.
- Produce marketing information for the Sales Force including leaflets, brochures etc., by briefing Agencies. Ensure copy complies with company processes and ABPI Code of Practice.
- Work with the Regional Business Manager / Business Leader and Learning and Development Team to ensure that tools, materials and programmes are clearly briefed and implemented effectively.
- Work with the Regional Business Manager / Business Leader to ensure the development and maintenance of a high level of customer experience within the Sales team.
- Conduct market research in conjunction with Market Research / Business Information Manager to provide necessary information when formulating and executing plans.
- Research and anticipate external factors affecting the products in range by remaining up-to-date on all external developments within areas such as the NHS, legislation, the customer base, world-wide media perspectives etc.
- Produce local forecasts to feed into international forecasting process.
- Communicate effectively with the sales team to ensure implementation of the product strategy.
- Brief and monitor agencies to ensure integrated marketing communications strategy is reflected in all activities and that communication goals are met.
- Monitor effectiveness of promotion against agreed objectives.
- Manage promotional budgets to remain within agreed spending levels.
- Carry out other related tasks as required by the Franchise Head.
- Undertake own development plan to ensure ability to meet the challenges of the current role and to allow progression within the organisation.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in life sciences or equivalent preferred.
- Significant experience (at least 6 years) in pharmaceutical sales and marketing, including at least 2 years of product management experience.
- Experience operating in a multi-national and matrix organization.
- Thorough understanding of commercial aspects of the business including brand management, sales planning and execution, market access, patient advocacy, regulatory environments and pricing, hospital formulary listing and PMS for the brand in country.
- Self-starter, able to complete tasks and manage to deadlines.
- Excellent communication/influencing skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Highly competent with PC (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM systems.
- Further qualification in business or marketing.
- Product marketing experience in secondary care product(s).
To be considered for this position please apply below.