Medical Science Liaison – Sweden & Finland – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Medical Science Liaison.
Based in Sweden, this is a field based role. The purpose of the role is to serve as a resource and scientific expert on disease state concepts and products (current and in development, including cystic fibrosis (CF)) clinical and health economic information internally as well as for healthcare professionals, including clinical trial investigators, academic physicians, CF care teams, and nurses, and patient advocacy group leads. Establish relationships with opinion leaders to expand needed research, advisory and other collaborative opportunities.
Interact with the medical community:
- Serve as an educational resource to healthcare providers on disease state concepts, including providing effective presentations to groups, and participating in 1:1 discussions, tailoring discussions to meet specific needs.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for information on clinical data and act as primary resources on products.
- Keep abreast of changes in treatment trends that could cause an impact.
- Serve as a liaison between key corporate functional areas and healthcare providers who express interest in conducting investigator-initiated research, to facilitate review and consideration of research proposals.
- Develop productive relationships with thought leaders in the medical community and in the group practice setting.
- Upon request of managed care team, communicate scientific merits that support the economic value of products to payers and formulary committees.
- Serve as a disease-state resource and communicate information obtained from field interactions to internal staff.
- Represent and support at medical conferences.
- Establish a respected presence in the academic and group practice medical community.
- Maintain a high standard of integrity and professionalism in the medical community, including the sharing of scientific data in full compliance with company and local policies.
- Engage in MSL European and global team activities/initiatives.
Be the liaison in countries of responsibility for clinical operations and development departments:
- Personalized management of interactions with Thought Leaders, including National Principal Investigators.
- Identification of potential Investigators for sponsored trials.
- Local field expertise (scientific, but also legal, regulatory…..) and Competitive Intelligence.
- Local liaison supporting the conduct of clinical trials, upon specific request of responsible Clinical Operations or Development colleague.
Communicate effectively and efficiently:
- Create and maintain open lines of communication with internal staff.
- Communicate scientific information clearly in a variety of settings, including internal meetings, clinical investigator meetings, advisory boards, and individual discussions.
- Participate in training and staff meetings within medical affairs groups and in planning of consulting meetings.
We are a global biotechnology company committed to the discovery and development of breakthrough small molecule drugs for serious diseases. The Company’s strategy is to commercialise its products both independently and in collaboration with major pharmaceutical companies. The product pipeline is focused on infectious diseases, cystic fibrosis, inflammatory diseases, epilepsy and other areas. We’re seeking to transform the way serious diseases are treated. We value collaboration, innovation and scientific excellence above all else.
- Cystic Fibrosis experience preferred; otherwise experience in pulmonary diseases, pediatrics; also to be considered: experience of orphan disease setting (oncology, rare metabolic disorders).
- Understands government and industry guidelines, regulations, laws, etc. for appropriate interactions with healthcare providers.
- Ability to complete goals within allotted timeframes, and deliver high quality results.
- Ability to initiate, plan and complete projects.
- Strong initiative and ability to identify issues and create solutions.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural team on common projects and goals.
- Ability to work in line within a multi-disciplinary environment, on national & regional levels.
- Ability to comprehend current literature and understand health economics.
- Ability to effectively present clinical/scientific information in a group or individual setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate marketplace desired.
- Understanding of national healthcare regulatory environment.
- Ability to comply to different sets of compliance rules, both National and Company-wide.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs and to work in a matrix environment.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to travel up to 70%.
- Fluent in Swedish and English, written and spoken, a plus if fluent in Finnish, written and spoken.
- Advanced biomedical sciences degree (MD, PharmD, PhD) required.
- Medical Affairs experience.
To be considered for this position please apply below.