Senior Financial Analyst – Zurich – 6 Month Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Senior Financial Analyst.
Based in Zurich, this position involves decision support, cost of sales P&L analysis, inventory control and reporting, and business partnering. You will be supporting and working very closely with the Finance Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
Responsible for completing all Month End close requirements:
- Preparation and processing of General Ledger transactions.
- Preparation of monthly account reconciliations.
- Liaises closely with Share Services centre in Ireland and Exton during month-end closing to ensure accuracy of financial records.
- Focus on refining global process standardisation, automation, and improved decision support. Such as making recommendations for enhancing existing processes, and developing financial models and business case analysis used in supporting key decisions.
Prepares Inventory related month-end management reports:
- Prepare inventory reporting package for Planning and Reporting team and leadership reviews.
- Ensure system integrity and prepare inventory reconciliations for Swiss entity.
- Responsible for inventory reserve General Ledger transaction for GMS in the Swiss entity.
Analysis of monthly spending and manufacturing variances:
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of managed cost centre.
- Responsible for monitoring, analysing and commenting monthly manufacturing variances against operational plan.
- Provides P&L variance explanations for monthly reporting to GMS Finance Manager.
- Support Finance Manager to develop annual budgets, forecast and assist senior management during budget process.
- Support Finance Manager to develop yearly standard costs including calculation of overhead rates and analyse production yield variances to improve standard cost accuracy.
- Support Finance Manager in his day to day activity.
- Ensure the effectiveness of established internal and Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Participate in all aspects of internal and external financial and operational audit.
Education & Experience:
- Academic degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of relevant finance experience preferred, partially gained in manufacturing operations controlling incl. cost accounting and with knowledge of the overall manufacturing and supply chain, preferred within the pharmaceutical and or external manufacturing arena.
- Advanced experience in using SAP is a must, JD Edwards would be an additional asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint).
- You are agile and result-oriented.
- Fluency in English, written and oral, German or Italian would be an additional asset.
- Desire to put people first.
- Experience working across various locations, global organizations and a certain mobility is desired.
- Knowledge of US-GAAP, IFRS-GAAP preferred.
- Experience with Blackline, PDW and HFM is an advantage.
- Self-starter, motivated individual. Ability to focus and execute under pressure and ambiguity.
- Drive to deliver high quality within deadlines.
To be considered for this position please apply below.