Credit Risk Manager – London – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Credit Risk Manager.
Based in London, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring lending activities are developed and maintained to give a market leading advantage on product and service, whilst ensuring an acceptable level of risk tolerance and within a robust regulatory and funding led environment.
- To manage and develop the Company’s lending policies.
- Operate a First Line of Defence (FLOD) for the underwriters.
- Manage the case exception approval process.
- Oversee the underwriters training and mandate levels.
- Attend monthly Credit Committee.
- Monitor portfolio risks (Property, industry, concentrations).
- Observe regulatory and ethical standards.
- Responsibility for credit related input to product development.
- Demonstrate adherence to policies and procedures.
- Engage with funders and investors on credit policy and performance.
- Deliver excellent customer service through decision making, attention to detail, problem solving and communication.
Overview of Key Tasks:
- Compile monthly Credit Committee reports.
- Regularly review monthly MI to highlight any possible up and coming risks or possible policy changes.
- Prepare mark-up of credit policy on a quarterly basis, to be submitted to Credit Committee and or Funders.
- Approve mortgages in accordance with Board authorities, including exception requests.
- Be point of contact for complex application enquiries from the sales team.
- Authorise releases and transfers of security/equity in accordance with Board authorities.
- Carry out quality assessments on the underwriters.
- Review underwriter’s assessment in order to award lending mandates.
- Attend regular valuer governance meetings.
- Review and manage valuer contract.
- Work closely with treasury and funders on applications that require approval outside funder covenants.
- Demonstrate compliance with the Company’s policy and procedures including liaison with the Compliance Function and Internal and External Auditors.
- Operate in accordance with the regulatory requirements as applied by the Company’s responsible lending and underwriting policies.
- Comply with the provisions of the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 (and any successors thereafter) and the Company’s Financial Crime policies and procedures).
- Maintain adequate records in accordance with regulatory requirements for such matters as affordability calculations, KFIs, underwriting records questionnaires etc.
- Apply the Company’s systems and controls to meet the requirements of regulatory compliance in all areas including financial crime, human resources, data protection, finances and conduct of business.
- Maintain current knowledge of all aspects of relevant company law and applicable regulations.
- Participate in training and continuing professional development (CPD).
- Lead by example in observing best practice, ethical decision-making and compliance with the spirit of the regulatory framework.
To be considered for this position please apply below.