Training Solutions Engineer – Havant – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Training Solutions Engineer.
Based in Havant, the Training Solutions Engineer (Maritime) will be able to use their knowledge and experience in direct support of a Ministry of Defence UK (MOD UK) project focused in the Maritime domain. This role is ideal for a Royal Navy subject matter expert with in-depth knowledge and a demonstrable track record in the practical application of the DSAT / SAT in an MOD environment. Applications are invited from those with significant experience of the training within the RN sub-surface UK maritime environment, with a focus on the analysis and evaluation phases and a track record of success.
Within this role and you are likely to find yourself undertaking the following tasks:
- Acting as the UK Defence Training solutions RN Sub-surface SME in support of a Training Architect, designing a complex Maritime training solution using a DSAT-compliant process.
- Developing competency frameworks to meet client needs.
- Being an integral technical part of a bid capture team.
- Managing projects in accordance with processes, ensuring they deliver to quality, time and budget.
- Providing specialist input on training methodologies and approaches in support of the proposals with a focus on Maritime training.
Travel within the UK is highly likely and the role may also include some international travel. A flexible approach to working hours is required in order to accommodate international time zone differences during programme meetings and reviews.
Education & Experience:
A highly professional and proactive training and Royal Navy SME, driven to deliver technical excellence to match the Client’s ethos. A natural team player and confident communicator with strong listening skills and the ability to take the initiative and make prompt decisions. An effective technical thinker with strong analytical problem-solving skills and a collaborative approach.
An ability to present ideas and solutions clearly through well-developed report writing and presentation skills, with acute attention to detail. Experience of planning, with good organisational and time management skills, able to thrive in a high-pressure environment where customer engagement, understanding customer needs and building lasting relationships are crucial.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in a relevant training or educational field.
- Comprehensive understanding of DSAT policies and processes (e.g. JSP 822).
- Extensive experience of working within a SAT-compliant training environment.
- Experience of the analysis, design and evaluation of complex training solutions.
- Experience of the assurance and/or production of formal TNA reports.
- Recent experience of working within the Royal Navy sub-surface environment.
- Interest in, and knowledge of, innovative and technology-enabled learning solutions.
- Detailed knowledge of learning theory, design and evaluation methodologies.
- Experience of the MOD training assurance process or similar.
- Experience of working within a Royal Navy sub-surface training environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.