Senior Project Manager, Space – Bedford – 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Contracts Negotiator.
Based in Bedford, the successful candidate will manage and oversee the entirety of Space Proposals and Projects. The Space domain encompasses funded contracts and pursuits specific to the European and United Kingdom Space Agencies. These span study/design projects, sub-system sub-contractor responsibility and maturing into Lead System Integrator (LSI) roles. The Project Manager is accountable for successful execution of the project objectives, has responsibility for proposal generation, and supports business development and capture activities.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibilities include:
- Managing execution of and transition between all phases, including bid decision, proposal development, negotiations, award, start up, execution, sustainment, and contract closure.
- Where justified by the opportunity size delegating capture and project management responsibilities to selected team members.
- The development/updating of the Statement of Work (SOW), WBS, WBS Dictionary, IMP.
- Establishing and maintaining approved plans, technical, cost, schedule, and resource baselines
- Developing and agreeing Works Authorisation (WADs) in line with the baseline.
- Ensuring the scope description clearly defines the work in sufficient detail such that the planning adequately reflects the work to be accomplished within budget and schedule requirements.
- Establishing clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for the team.
- Preparation, maintenance and updating resourcing plans and engage with resource owners to ensure the team is staffed with the skills and experience to meet the objectives.
- Understanding the Customer’s needs, values and affordability expectations.
- Translating Positioning-To-Win (PTW) goals into timely integrated design targets.
- Formulating the Team’s solution, program baseline and integrated work products.
- Meeting the Capture Team’s integrated design targets and financial returns.
- Supporting the business development function in identifying new opportunities and supporting their development into viable pursuits.
Education & Experience:
- Current and relevant experience in the project management delivery of ESA projects as either an ESA Prime LSI or key sub-system sub-contractor with a demonstrable understanding of ESA operating practices, specific project requirements and ability to work with and influence ESA Project management practice.
- Space Project management and delivery skills.
- Experienced in delivering successful Space Projects in a corporate environment.
- Frequent, current, interaction with senior leaders and proven record of shaping/influencing financial/strategic decision making.
- Strong leadership attributes.
- Degree in Engineering or Project management discipline.
- APMP/APMPQ or similar.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.