Contracts Negotiator – Havant – 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Contracts Negotiator.
Based in Havant, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of development and production contracts. Contracts are typically of a high value with critical schedules involving levels of complexity and contract change activity.
The Contracts Negotiator will serve as a primary commercial interface with customers, suppliers and internal organisations on assigned programmes. They will be required to have the ability to write and negotiate unique contract language and make business decisions involving legal, financial and programmatic issues.
The Contracts Negotiator may be expected to supervise a number of Contracts professionals, agency staff and ITs and have direct responsibility for coaching and giving advice. Alternatively, they may have full responsibility for a major programme of significant value and complexity.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Management of multiple, complex acquisitions and relationships with minimum management assistance:
- Understand and apply complex innovative Contract Models.
- Ensure Terms and Conditions compliance on assigned programmes, including flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers and general overview of team member contracts.
- Independently define all risks, and create and implement solutions to problems and issues as they arise.
- Leads and organises complex source selection and strategy:
- Is main interface between customer, supplier and internal organisation.
- Leads the issue and analysis of RFQs/ITTs including multi criteria selections.
- Leads evaluation of multiple contract packages.
- Lead negotiator on non-standard complex agreements:
- Negotiations completed in a reasonable time with minimal management/team lead dependency.
- Required to be influential in negotiation plan including preparation, strategy, appointment of roles and the approval process and is able to maintain effective control of the sessions.
- Is recognised as a Lead for fact findings, negotiations and follow-up activity.
- Recognised as a facility resource representing the function at all levels within the organisation and external interfaces.
- Positively influences analysis, planning and negotiation strategy.
- The post holder works on own initiative with minimal management supervision.
- Reports to either Team Leads or Manager as appropriate.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role, with contracting experience.
- MCIPS and\or Degree qualification(s) preferred.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.