Tivoli Administrator – Havant – 6 Month Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Tivoli Administrator.
Based in Havant, the successful candidate will work for a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Specific Job Description:
- Support senior engineers in discussions with customers during requirements analysis, converting operational needs into technical requirements specifications.
- Provision of technical consultancy for all new Tivoli deployments, analysis of customer requirements, development of plans with appropriate milestones, installation, customisation, rollout and support as required.
- Develop high level design of architectures for enhancements to operational systems.
- Participation in technical and design reviews with internal and external customers.
- Evaluation, configuration, integration, testing and deployment of all Tivoli software.
- Support to implementation teams throughout development, testing, and system acceptance phases of enhancements to the operational system.
- Conduct technical investigations of problems raised against the operational systems.
- Occasional 3rd line on-call support for Tivoli software.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree/HND in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Systems Management within a large distributed IT environment.
- Experience of working within a Customer Service environment.
- Proven large scale project management skills, including rollout of systems management toolset.
- Working knowledge of all Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices for Systems Management.
- A keen interest in technology with a willingness to learn.
- Clear, focused and effective verbal and written communication.
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages.
- Ability to develop team and individual approach to complex problems and proactively engage with peer reviewers.
- Ability to prioritise own tasking to meet programme needs.
- Basic understanding of Linux and Windows Servers.
- Comprehensive and leading edge skills in strategic systems management software across Windows, Linux and UNIX platforms.
- Technical experience in:
– Tivoli Network Manager
– Tivoli Omnibus, Omnibus Probes and Gateways
– Tivoli Monitoring (ITM)
– Tivoli Provisioning Manager
– Tivoli Impact
– Tivoli Integrated Portal
– IBM BigFix 9.5.7 aka Tivoli Endpoint Manager 9.5.7
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Disciplined and logical work approach.
- Providing timely information to management to enable decision making and seeking direction and guidance, team advice, exercising tact and diplomacy, and promoting enthusiasm, innovation and effective, positive inter-personal relationships.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.