Embedded Software Engineer – Andover – Temp to Perm
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Embedded Software Engineer on a Temp to Perm contract.
As an important member of the team you will develop software for micro-processor based embedded systems. You will collaborate in the development of complex systems including requirements analysis, concept development and design, implementation and installation.
The key responsibility is the development of real time closed loop motor control and sensing applications including on-board devices and FPGA’s using I2C, SPI or UART interfaces. Typical device targets include the Texas Instruments MSP430 and Renesas R32 series processors.
Our client is looking for a person who is passionate about developing excellent products, and keen to use their programming skills to help our team be successful. You will feel at home within a fast moving team with open communication, commitment to quality and focus on getting things done.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following essential skills:
- Extensive knowledge of programming for embedded systems
- Proficiency and proven experience of writing high quality C code (2 years minimum)
- Excellent technical problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience of hardware debug and testing at component level.
- Effective communication with different types of audience
- Ability to work collaboratively or individually as required.
- BSc in Computing or other numerate discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of control theory with experience of implementing digital control systems
- Experience of video systems and standards.