Embedded FPGA Engineer – Andover – Temp to Perm
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Embedded FPGA Engineer on a Temp to Perm contract.
As a key member of the team you will be responsible for the design and development of embedded FPGA systems for video processing and analytics applications. The primary FPGA platform used is the Xilinx Zynq family, however other Xilinx and Lattice devices are also used where required. You will collaborate in the development of complex systems including requirements analysis, concept development and design, implementation and testing.
Our client is looking for a person who is passionate about developing excellent products, and keen to use their skills to help team be successful. You will feel at home within a fast-moving team with open communication, commitment to quality and focus on getting things done.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following essential skills:
- Extensive experience of FPGA systems for video processing (2 years minimum)
- Proficiency in design of algorithm implementation and testing,
- Proficiency in use of Xilinx Vivado tool suite
- Substantial experience of VHDL and/or Verilog for synthesis
- Substantial experience of hardware debug and testing at component level.
- Effective communication with different types of audience
- Ability to work collaboratively or individually as required.
- BEng in Electronics or other numerate discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience of video systems and standards.
- Experience of low power systems
- Experience with PCB Design and Layout tools (Altium preferred but not essential).
- Experience of Petalinux use and development
- Experience of DMA and DDR3 memory sub-systems
- Experience of software development in low level embedded C/C++