Operational Finance Manager – Dublin, Ireland – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Operational Finance Manager.
As a key member of the finance team, this role has the opportunity to work with the MD of the Irish Business to act as a Finance Partner and also to improve the various operational finance activity throughout the Business. The role will also take responsibility for monthly production of management and financial accounting (with support from the Group Finance team) and also the day to day operational finance activity including cash management and handling, banking and reporting.
The role is based in Dublin while working with the Group finance team based in Cambridge, London and Sheffield respectively and may involve travel to these locations.
As an entrepreneurial and high growth business, our Client is seeking a candidate who not only has a strong background in operational finance but is happy to operate in a dynamic environment which may change and evolve with rapid pace as the business takes advantage of market opportunities which arise.
- Experience of managing and owning operational finance activity including cash processing and reconciliation, financial / management accounting and reporting requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interact with business units and staff based in remote locations.
- Strong process design and implementation skills.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and a results driven approach to challenges, with a customer service orientation.
- Relevant accounting qualification.
- Experience in financial services, either banking or non-bank financial institutions.
- Responsibility for reconciliation of all portfolio and account level financial processes, including customer payment processing, cash reconciliation and portfolio transaction reporting.
- Portfolio transaction ownership ensuring all BOSS processes complete correctly and that all end of life processes are in place and up to date.
- Investigating any reporting / balance differences or abnormalities with a view to correction and prevention of same.
- Management of daily / weekly / monthly transaction and portfolio reporting into Corporate and Trust finance teams.
- Development of payment processes to third party service providers.
- Overall responsibility for end to end processing and reporting of account level transactions into trust / corporate finance teams, data integrity, reporting automation and system interfaces.
- Project related activity to upgrade current systems including:
- Business analysis of requirements to upgrade core systems and produce reporting to be used by the lending businesses and Finance team.
- Working with IT development, BA & Servicing teams to make necessary changes to the systems and undertaking necessary testing.
- Embedding new updated processes into the business.
- Oversight of key operational banking relationships including banks and intermediary service providers.
- Handling of documentation of processes and procedures manuals.
- Identifying further process improvements and refinements to drive out efficiencies and cost savings.
- Act as Finance Partner for the BMFI business, analysing financial performance vs budget / forecast and providing insight and understanding to the BMFI management team.
To be considered for this position please apply below.