Internal Auditor – Sheffield – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Internal Auditor.
This is a standalone role, with principal responsibility for designing (subject to A&R sign-off) and then executing the Group’s Internal Audit Programme (IAP).
The IAP will be comprised of a range of desktop and onsite audits of the Group’s in-scope entities, comprising the subsidiary companies and support functions
- Motor Finance (Ireland)
- Credit Management
- IT Operations
- People and Places
- Risk and Compliance
The IAP may also encompass any outsourced third party service providers and will also build effective relationships with the Group’s Executive for the purpose of gathering knowledge of the Group’s strategy, plans and operational management.
- To understand the key risks identified by the Group’s Executive and the controls put in place to address those risks within the in-scope entities.
- To manage, perform and control the IAP audits including the planning programme, ensuring the Group and its in-scope entities’ operational effectiveness, financial reliability and adherence with all applicable directives, regulations and laws.
- Maintain regulatory, policy and governance knowledge base to ensure appropriate advice and guidance is provided at all times to the Company.
- Draft audit planning documents for approval / review by the Group ‘s Executive.
- Effectively document and report IAP results to the Group’s Board, Committees and subsidiaries (as required) through objective presentation of issues, by:
- Engaging with the Group’s Executive to ensure that following all audits a clear management action plan is established and monitored to ensure any control deficiencies identified are rectified in a timely manner.
- Identifying and agreeing cost-effective action plans with the Group’s Executive which adequately address the key risks. Where further commitment is desired, review with appropriate management until the matter is resolved.
- Undertake review work in respect of significant audit findings.
- Implement a risk based approach during fieldwork to assess whether key controls are both adequately designed and effectively managed.
- Ongoing benchmarking of the current IAP methodology to industry best practice recommending changes either on a programme wide basis or for individual audits.
- Involvement in special projects and Fact Find investigations as mandated by the A&R.
- Ensure internal controls are efficient and effective to mitigate operational and strategic risks to acceptable levels, assets are adequately protected, and significant financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
- Determine whether business units, processes, and systems are sustainable, operate as intended by management and comply with company policies and applicable regulations.
- Undertake the required ISO9001 and ISO27001 (and their successors) audit activities to ensure ongoing retention and accreditation of both standards.
Skills & Competencies:
- Proven track record, with a minimum of 3years experience of executing audits (or equivalent control review activity) either gained through practice or within a corporate role preferred.
- Previous experience of working in, or audit of, a secured lender, preferably FCA regulated.
- Degree (or equivalent) educated, ideally in a financial, accounting or other relevant business field preferred.
- Self-starter with a drive for continuous improvement, innovation and quality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good analytical and investigative skills.
- A working knowledge of the UK and Irish regulatory frameworks that apply to retail customers.
- Matrix management skills.
- Relevant professional qualification – e.g. qualified accountant or internal auditor (or equivalent).
- ISO 9001 & 27001 experience.
To be considered for this position please apply below.