Technical Service Desk Analyst – Havant – 6 Month Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Technical Service Desk Analyst.
As an Operations Engineer, the primary objective of this role is to provide first time resolution 24 hours a day – 7 days a week. This will be achieved by monitoring services, troubleshooting, diagnosing and managing incidents to an effective resolution or escalating the incident to one of our specialist support teams to investigate and resolve. You will be required to work a 24/7 shift rota to support the operation and this will include out of hours support.
This is a demanding role which calls for excellent service skills, the ability to think outside of the box and to work well as part of a team. A large proportion of this role requires you to monitor and maintain computer systems and networks, diagnose incidents and support roll-outs of new software. You will be required to answer telephone calls, handle correspondence and complete ad-hoc tasks delegated to you by the leadership team.
We expect a level of understanding of the following products: Service Management tools: Tivoli Integrated Portal, Tivoli Provisioning Manager; Oracle; Java; AIX; Linux; Windows Server and clustered; firewalls; LAN / WAN.
- Using the Service Desk management tool, you will create and assign incidents and Service Requests.
- Ensuring that the Service Desk management tool is updated at each stage of the lifecycle of an incident.
- Assessing and prioritising of faults.
- Monitoring our extensive estate of servers, using Tivoli management system(s) and other tools, to identify incidents and take appropriate action to maintain and control the resolution of these incidents within a timely manner.
- Liaison with specialist support teams.
- Follow procedures and diagrams to resolve incidents
- Provide a competent level of out-of-hours support for our customers.
- Provide regular internal and customer reports on incident status.
- Liaising and managing the response of 3rd party suppliers.
- Performing or arranging software rebuilds following system failure.
- Producing ad-hoc procedures to support task activity.
- Supporting the deployment of software configurations.
- Providing at desk training for new members of staff as required.
- Supporting customer visits to the area by demonstrating general tasks as required.
Education & Experience:
- Technical qualifications with regard to the applications listed.
- Working experience with Service Management tools i.e. Remedy, Service Now and Asset Management applications.
- Experience working in an operation support environment.
- ITIL V3 Foundation.
- Understanding of Tivoli applications.
- Ability to research and critically analyse data.
- Experience in 1st/2nd line support of AIX and/or windows Server systems.
- Ability to respond quickly to time critical problems.
- Ability to make unsupported decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyse data in order to make forecasts.
- Flexible approach.
- Team player.
- Understanding of Oracle Databases.
- Understanding of basic LAN/WAN technology.
- Continuous Service Improvement.
- Experience of postal operations.
To be considered for this position please apply below.