Data Scientist / Analyst – Gloucester – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Data Scientist / Analyst.
Based in Gloucester, the successful candidate will work within the company’s rapidly-growing analytics development team to apply expertise in processes and technology to a wide variety of platform data. The role entails deriving meaningful insights from data and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations.
The individual selected will develop data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence based capabilities and apply these to a wide variety of system and platform data to enable high level decision-making across different application domains.
Data flows may be from a wide variety of sources, such as radio frequency data from systems of interest and social media data analysis.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a numerical, science or similar subject preferred.
- Effective collaboration with other data scientists, engineers, software teams, management, other stakeholders and customers
- Ability to perform exploratory analysis, use machine learning to build models, generate visualizations and create & present reports.
- Experience of designing efficient algorithms for data analysis, data mining, text mining, data manipulation and statistical analysis.
- Apply knowledge of tools for software development and engineering research to create models of relevancy.
- Knowledge of related technical domains including systems coding, programming languages, deep mathematical calculation and emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Develop information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance.
- Experience with statistics (descriptive and inferential)
- Experience with data manipulation, fusion and visualisation tools and techniques.
- Experienced in data structures and hierarchies.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of system databases, data elements and application software solutions to optimise data gathering and analysis.
- Experience in web application development.
- Familiarity with Hadoop / MapReduce, Pig, Hive, and Spark.
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies.
- Experience with complex computer networks.
- Web application development and database modelling.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.