Cyber Vulnerability Researcher – Gloucester – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Cyber Vulnerability Researcher.
Specific Job Description:
- Conduct research and analysis of new vulnerabilities in software, firmware, devices and systems.
- Review, isolate, analyse and then reverse-engineer programs that are vulnerable or malicious code to determine and understand the specific nature of the threat.
- Document specific attack capabilities of specimens exploits (code, virus, etc.) and understand the concepts involved.
- Create a detailed technical report concerning the threat, along with proof of concept code.
- Maintain current knowledge of published vulnerabilities and on current and potential attacks and prepare counter-measures.
- Provide guidance to others about how to detect identified threats and defend against them in a timely manner.
- Analyse common network services and software applications to discover new and potential vulnerabilities.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Vulnerability research, reverse engineering using appropriate tools.
- Static and dynamic code / process analysis.
- Penetration testing.
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++, python, assembly language or additional scripting and programming languages.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar subject preferred.
- One year of experience within the industry preferred.
- Experience with system security and de-bugging experience in C (Unix and/or Windows environments).
- Relevant experience involving WinDbg, OllyDbg, BinDiff and IDA Pro.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP and IP protocols.
- Experience with signature development and penetration testing, along with writing exploit code.
- Knowledge of fault injection frameworks or fuzzing and virtualization.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.