Cyber Research & Development Engineer – Gloucester – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Cyber Research and Development Engineer.
We are looking for talented engineering graduates to join our Client’s team in the Gloucestershire area. The company is extending its capability within the Electronic Warfare and Cyber (EW & C) arena. Core competencies are required in:
- Radio Frequency Engineering.
- Electronic Engineering.
- Communications Engineering.
You will become part of a dynamic and innovative team working on key EW&C development related programmes. Projects offer complex and challenging opportunities that involve diverse technologies and product types.
The Client offers graduate training and enhanced leadership development programmes enabling successful candidates to be future leaders in their respective disciplines. The EW & C team require graduates with potential to assume leadership positions. Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Work with various hardware, software and communications components to develop bespoke hardware, software and communications systems for a diverse client range.
- Apply their specific knowledge, combined with ingenuity and creativity to develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Contribute to the strategy development for the EW & C related systems activities performed within the programme.
Education & Experience:
The successful candidate will be a / have:
- Team player.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
- A high standard of ethics and personal accountability.
- Desire to develop well-rounded software engineering skills.
- Proven ability to learn quickly.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants will ideally have a Masters degree from an accredited university, applicants with equivalent professional experience will be considered. Applicants’ degrees or professional experience should have covered one or more of the following subjects:
- Experience in developing Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms and architectures (FTT, filter banks, multi-rate processing, image processing).
- Experience of Radio Frequency (RF) communication theory and communication system design.
- Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies, including GNURadio or REDHAWK.
- C++, Python or Embedded C.
- Experience in FPGA technologies and languages, e.g. VHDL or Verilog.
- Software and hardware testing using frameworks such as Jenkins.
- Vulnerability research.
- Penetration testing.
- Development or administration of embedded Linux systems.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.