Senior Artwork Technologist – Dublin – Contract until end of May 2019
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Senior Artwork Technologist.
- Develop and publish artwork as per the process for artwork development for printed packaging components.
- Support the creation, maintenance and process of artwork development for printed packaging components through external suppliers for all markets.
- Work with cross-functional project teams and the manufacturing vendor on development for new products and changes to existing printed packaging components.
- Ensure appropriate approvals are obtained from other functions where applicable, assure communication is made with third party manufacturer/packager and all necessary proofreading are completed at all stages as per current procedure.
- Responsible and accountable for process execution and adherence to required completion date.
- Expedite and monitor actions required by other functions until completion.
- Ensure all action items are properly closed out in electronic artwork management system.
- Manage the creation and approval of Profiles from Technical Drawings in conjunction with Global Packaging Technology.
- Ensure Artwork Operations is appropriately represented on cross-functional project teams for New Product Introduction with responsibility for product packaging design and artwork.
Process Management / 70%
- Work directly with internal design studio, external graphic houses and print vendors to coordinate artwork development & publishing of new/ revised artwork as well as technical/ profile drawings and guides.
- Maintain all relevant artwork projects within the electronic artwork management system, ensuring tasks are setup, progressed and completed on time. Carry out artwork approvals, proofreading and printer’s proofs verification checks on the digital comparator.
- Review and manage Artwork action items in the Change Control to ensure these are properly set up and closed out in line with set timelines.
Problem-Solving / 10%
- Participate in escalation process and problem solving for issues endanger supply continuity or fulfillment of business critical goals.
Consultation / 10%
- Represent Artwork Management in material/artwork projects, provide expert statements and provide training/technical consultation if required.
Relations / 10%
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customers, stakeholders, partners, third parties/ vendors.
- Support and mentor Artwork Technologists as required, and also represent and cover for the Artwork Manager as and when required.
Education & Experience:
- Education in natural sciences, biotechnology or engineering: minimum bachelor degree preferred.
- Experience in Artwork Management and computerised documentation control system.
- Practical experience in Artwork Management, material and/or label change in GMP environment.
- Knowledge of Packaging & Artwork.
- Knowledge of Pharma labelling regulations.
To be considered for this position please apply below.