Senior DBA Developer – Cambridge – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Senior DBA Developer.
As a database administrator, you’ll be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of all of our Client’s 3rd party and in-house built application and warehouse databases. The databases span multiple SQL Server instances in production, test and development environments and they support three distinct business units.
Typical tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in database design.
- Optimising query performance / creation of indexes.
- Creating and maintaining database tables and views.
- Design and management of the database backup architecture and processes.
- Supporting various 3rd party database instances.
- Monitoring database efficiency and reporting of uptime/outages.
- Sustaining the security, compliance and integrity of data.
- Keeping up-to-date with latest updates and features available for SQL Server.
- Ownership of the data warehouse environment, architecture, support and its evolution.
- Building of database queries that provide an appropriate application and warehouse database façade.
- Management of the data snapshotting and other database warehouse processes.
- 3+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience preferred.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Eye for detail and accuracy.
- Expert understanding of and experience with structured query language (SQL).
- General knowledge of the principles of ‘relational database management systems’ (RDBMS) database management systems.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL Server database administration.
- Experience of supporting application’s database requirements and their ongoing operational support.
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment of a number of primarily in-house built technology projects running in parallel.
As well as IT skills, you’ll have a bank of ‘soft skills’. These would include communication, time management and customer service skills, so that you understand and can communicate well with users and your direct IT peers alike.
The role will report into the Head of IT Operations.
To be considered for this position please apply below.