Principal Packaging Engineer – Dublin, Ireland – 11 Month Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Principal Packaging Engineer.
The Principal Engineer provides leadership, direction and advanced technical expertise to the Global Packaging Engineering & Technology organisation in their respective area or areas of specialisation (i.e., Packaging Technology, Package Design, Packaging Engineering, Serialisation, Product Security, Packaging Process Development & Optimisation, etc.). The successful candidate may be the execution lead and may act as the Process Owner for one or more processes in their respective area of specialisation. This role is also involved in the development, launch and life cycle management of primary and/or, secondary and/or, tertiary packaging components and/or equipment maintenance and engineering projects.
The successful candidate will lead in the development, design, specification, testing, implementation and commercial support of packaging activities at external and/or internal manufacturing and packaging sites. The candidate will lead or own change control, non-conformances and CAPA activities working with Quality and Global Labelling Operations and is expected to provide coaching and guidance to junior members of the team.
Education & Experience:
- Normally requires an advanced degree in a scientific / technical discipline with 8 years related experience or a BS with 12 years. Applies expert knowledge of scientific/technical principles & concepts in managing technical programs such as:
- Technology acquisition
- Equipment qualification
- Process development, scale-up and optimisation
- Package design development for Oral Solid Dose, Aseptic primary, secondary and tertiary packaging system
- Technology transfer
- Qualification of packaging components from alternate sources
- Ten or more years of experience leading highly effective technical teams, developing people and in particular technical capabilities.
- Experience in global product launches and the associated CMC regulatory requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of cGMP/GLP regulations, ICH, FDA CMC Guidance Documents and DEA Regulations is preferred.
- Solid organisation, problem solving, project-management, decision-making, judgment and team-oriented skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects of variable complexity.
- Strong technical, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
To be considered for this position please apply below.