Software Development Team Lead / Manager – Cambridge – Permanent
We are looking for a talented and experienced Development Team Lead/Manager to join a fast-growing financial services organisation and head-up the delivery of systems and data architectures for the business, which offers financial services to a wide range of clients. The role will maintain a considerable hands-on element (approximately 75% of the time), so we are looking for an individual with exceptional coding skills, along with good experience and interest in leading a small high-calibre team, and liaising with the business to understand and capture requirements.
- The Software development manager is responsible for a team of 5 developers, split across two locations.
- The position will report to the CIO.
Primary objectives of the role:
- Development of software including workload and prioritisation management.
- Working closely with business analysts and business stakeholders.
- Release Management.
- Line Management for developers and DBA.
- Development environment management.
- Documentation standards for development.
- Liaising with project staff and management.
Key activities include:
- Agile – Daily Scrum meetings and sprints retrospectives.
- Meeting with stakeholders, gather requirements and decide on the strategy to take on how to approach them.
- Passing business requirements to the development team for implementation.
- Team management and coaching. Monthly and annual appraisals.
- Hiring and interviewing new developers.
- Responsible for all software development and maintenance across the company’s European business units.
Specific skill or knowledge required:
Specific previous experience required:
- Financial Services Experience including strong knowledge of Mortgages and Lending operations.
- Managing development projects – Both new implementation and BAU such as systems.
To be considered for this position please apply below.