Systems Engineer (Senior) – Bedford – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Systems Engineer.
Based in Bedford, the role is for an experienced, motivated and professional mid-career System Engineer who is interested in involvement in the development of any and all aspects of complex systems across the whole systems engineering lifecycle.
Key areas of work will include requirements analysis, system design, supplier technical liaison, preparation and presentation of supplier acceptance evidence, integration and test of system components, fault analysis, change proposal generation and assistance in the development of qualification tests and evidence.
Education & Experience:
- Whole lifecycle systems engineering on complex systems.
- Technical management of supplier sub-system development programmes.
- Management of small technical teams.
- Development of cost estimations for technical work.
- Experience of technical and programme risk identification and mitigation.
- Change impact assessment and management.
- Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements.
- Excellent Technical Author.
- Use of DOORS for requirements management.
- Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle.
- Root cause analysis and reporting as part of a DRACAS process.
- Experience of Integration and Test activities.
- Development of Systems for Defence applications.
- Experience of Distributed Architectures.
- Experience of MilCAN / Ethernet / Serial bus.
- Experience of SysML / UML.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.