Systems Engineer (Radar) – Bedford – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Systems Engineer (Radar).
Based in Bedford, the Mission Support team is embarking on new contract opportunities in Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD) and Battlefield Management Systems, as well as undertaking additional R&D activities into a new product stream. This significant amount of work will require several experienced systems engineers to join the team to work across the entire spectrum of systems engineering activities. The key areas for work will include requirements and systems analysis, trade studies and system safety analysis.
Education & Experience:
Demonstrable knowledge and experience integrating Radar systems into data processing, visualisation and C2 systems.
Knowledge and experience of radar systems in order to be able to:
- Work with potential Radar suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their products.
- Understand the impact of the radar system(s) on overall system behaviour and performance.
- Technically review and challenge radar suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Understand nuances of radar limitations and behaviours at system level.
- Undertake technical trade studies on radar options.
- Derive, Develop and Manage an appropriate set of sub-system requirements and ICD for a Radar system.
- Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain.
- Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle.
- Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements.
- Knowledge of Comms & RF Network Architectures.
- Change proposal assessment and embodiment.
- Ground Based Air Defence Systems.
- Battlefield Management C4i Systems.
- Radar Integration.
- Kill Chain Analysis.
- Airspace Management.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.