Human Factors Design Engineer – Bedford – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Human Factors Design Engineer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reporting at least weekly, to the functional Lead of HF.
- Review designs for products and associated support equipment from HF requirements perspective.
- The development of HF acceptable risk to the project.
- Conduct HF workshops with customers including MoD user community to produce design decisions.
- Technical report writing of the HF workshops and assessments carried out.
- Producing HF requirements to reflect the Def-Stan 00-250, ISO standards and customer requirements to the design teams and sub-contractors and a definition and statement of work.
- Monitoring of sub-contractor delivery against requirements and statement of work.
- Evaluate the interrelationship of HF requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost effective program.
- Conduct HF trials on projects.
- Producing HF test schedule, procedure and reports for HF trials.
- Conduct HF CAD assessments with manikins of project designs.
- Conduct HF assessments of related Environmental, Safety and Maintainability areas.
- Development of documents to quality and time as driven by schedule and programme needs.
- Presentation of analysis, conclusions, status to design forums.
- Review of design and requirement documentation for HF influence.
Education & Experience:
- Developing Task Analysis data in design outputs, including Human Error and workload analysis
- Knowledge of key HF environmental areas of Noise, Vibration, Lighting, Thermal and CBRN.
- Knowledge of developing HCI for complex systems.
- Experience in Pro-engineer and JACK or related CAD tool and Human Factors Anthropometric Manikins.
- Knowledge of DOORS and Task Architect.
- Working knowledge of some the sister disciplines within LMUK Ampthill Specialty Engineering of Maintainability, Reliability, Safety, Supportability, Training, Security and Technical Publications.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.