Assembly Technician, Vehicles – Bedford – 6 Month Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Assembly Technician.
Based in Bedford, we are looking for a competent technician, capable of electrical and mechanical assembly and integration of complex systems, working from drawings and engineering instruction.
Must be competent and safe in the use of all hand and air tools, hand and Mag Drill techniques and the use of Jigs, fixtures and measuring tools on precision assemblies. Must be a problem solver with a positive attitude. Working with support from the engineering group, must have a methodical and precise approach to ensure successful completion of production tasks on high value hardware.
Education & Experience:
- A comprehensive range of assembly and fitting skills with previous experience in similar roles.
- Ability to interpret drawings and work from written instructions with limited supervision.
- Ability to use hand tools and measuring equipment with high accuracy.
- Either recognised apprenticeship in mechanical assembly or equivalent, or through work experience gained on the job.
- Cleanliness and housekeeping (5S) methodology.
- A high level of health and safety awareness.
- Previous experience working on armoured fighting vehicles with electrical and mechanical bias.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.