Systems Engineer – Havant – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Systems Engineer.
Based in Havant, the successful candidate will report to the Systems Engineering Manager, and under general direction of the Engineering Leadership Team, the role provides support to operational systems used by Systems Solutions customers.
- Investigating performance issues and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Generating reports to support performance investigations and customer queries.
- Integrating and testing performance enhancements.
- Providing technical expertise throughout the engineering lifecycle, with consideration for system integration, verification and validation, cost/risk, supportability, and effectiveness.
- Representing the organisation as a technical expert on a project, interacting with external personnel on technical matters.
- Analysing business requirements and developing system requirements.
- Providing technical solutions to the Programme Management Team.
- Involvement in discussions with customers during requirements analysis.
- Supporting Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
The successful candidate will work with other engineering disciplines (Specialist, Systems, Test & Evaluation, and Software Engineering). The candidate will also engage with non-engineering disciplines (programme management, proposal management and operations) in the course of the engineering work.
Education & Experience:
- Ability to investigate operational issues, diagnose cause of the defect and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Ability to create clear and effective reports suitable for customer acceptance, including problem identification and diagnosis.
- Technical confidence in a customer facing/consultation role.
- Technical experience with good communication skills, able to work with other staff (engineering and programme management) and the customer.
- Ability to analyse requirements and assist in developing a technical solution.
- Experience in system design, integration and test, particularly in the commercial IT domain.
- Knowledge of the product lifecycle and related disciplines.
- Experience with system modelling toolsets (e.g. Enterprise Architect, Rational, etc.) and system modelling languages/notations such as UML or SysML.
- ITIL Foundation certified.
- Experience with Oracle SQL.
- Experience with Quality Centre.
- Familiarity with any of the following:
o Windows (NT/2003/7/2008)
o UNIX OS
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.