Group Financial Accountant – Cambridge – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Group Financial Accountant.
Our Client is a leading financial services business headquartered in Cambridge with offices in Sheffield, London & Dublin. The Group is in an expansionary phase; assessing and implementing a range of opportunities in loan acquisition, origination and management services.
Operating in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, a unique and exciting opportunity exists for a technically strong accountant to join a growing Group finance team.
Working within the corporate finance team, this role will be responsible for the group consolidation and statutory reporting, managing the tax compliance and planning requirements of the group and ad-hoc reporting/planning work around new ventures/acquisitions.
The role would suit a qualified accountant, preferably with experience of complex group structures and an interest in financial services/structured finance.
The role will be based in Cambridge but may involve some travel to London, Sheffield and Ireland.
- Preparing the group consolidation on a monthly basis.
- Preparing the Consolidated financial statements.
- Preparing the Subsidiary financial statements.
- Liaising with the auditors.
- Preparation of group VAT returns.
- Calculation of the group tax position.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax packs.
- Working closely with other departments on new ventures/opportunities.
- Other ad-hoc duties dependent on business requirements.
- Qualified ACCA/ACA or equivalent.
- Good technical accounting knowledge (group consolidations etc.).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong task management skills and initiative.
- Ability and confidence to work with individuals across all levels of the business.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills.
- Understanding of VAT and Corporation Tax principles.
- Experience using accounting/general ledger software.
- Experience in financial services.
To be considered for this position please apply below.