Systems Engineer – Havant – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Systems Engineer.
The Lead Systems Engineer will be involved with delivering innovative solutions to challenging customer problems. You will assist with qualification and new design for our customer. You will engage directly with our customers to capture business requirements and help transform these through analysis and design into system solutions. You will assist in the creation of detailed designs that integrate with existing technologies. You will energise the team throughout the engineering lifecycle to ensure the successful and focused delivery of solutions which acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Education & Experience:
- Proven experience in complex system design, integration and test, performance analysis, particularly in the commercial IT domain.
- Requirements Definition.
- Product Owner.
- Business and Systems Analysis.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts, in the field.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Proven ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Proven ability to provide solutions which are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organisation objectives.
- Proven ability to deliver solutions to cost and schedule.
- Technical confidence in a customer facing/consultation role.
- Ability to investigate operational issues, diagnose cause of the defect and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Ability to create clear and effective reports suitable for customer acceptance, including problem identification and diagnosis.
- Experience with Agile lifecycles and the Product Owner role.
- Experience with Model Based Engineering such as UML and SysML.
- Experience with Enterprise Architect (EA).
- Experience with Quality Centre.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Experience of modelling.
Familiarity with any of the following:
- Windows (NT/2003/7/2008).
- UNIX OS.
- Oracle Databases.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.