Senior Credit Analyst, Capital Management – London or Cambridge – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Senior Credit Analyst, Capital Management.
Based in either London or Cambridge, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible for arranging and executing funding and acquisitions (whole loan purchases of performing and non-performing portfolios) of unsecured loans. A strong understanding of consumer credit and ideally the debt capital markets is required. Previous experience from a consumer loan originator, funding bank, investor or rating agency is highly regarded. The candidate will be familiar with the full transaction cycle and will be the conduit between the loan originator and all other parties.
The role will involve negotiation, modelling and analysis of consumer loan portfolios, working closely with other members of the Capital Markets & Treasury team, investors, arranging bank, external legal firms and potentially rating agencies. They will also be expected to spend time supporting the ongoing monitoring and management of the funding structures. They will need to be able to work autonomously and to meet tight deadlines and have a passion to find solutions.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Microsoft Office suite including advanced Excel and VBA.
- High level understanding of various financial products and markets.
- Strong mathematical skills and able to interpret numbers to influence business decisions.
- Ability to review and understand transaction terms sheets, legal documents, and to translate this information into financial models.
- Experience structuring/modelling credit enhancement and cashflow models.
- Understanding of the various rating agency methodologies an advantage.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong communicator.
To be considered for this position please apply below.