Business Development Manager, Credit Solutions – Cambridge – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Business Development Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our Client’s fast paced, expansionary division. Based in either of the group’s modern Cambridge or Sheffield offices, the focus of this role is to develop and convert opportunities to providing flexible credit solutions to consumer and small business training and education companies. A key part of the role will involve working closely with the group’s Treasury and Capital management team to design and access appropriate funding to support each opportunity.
The role will also involve a close working relationship with the group’s FinTech Ventures (“ FTV ”). FTV is a software development business focussed on the commercialisation of contemporary, in-house developed software to support consumer and intermediary facing lending businesses, loan workflow solutions, payments infrastructure and dialler technology. It is highly likely that clients targeted for sales of the credit solutions offering, will also benefit from the capabilities of FTV to tailor loan submission and processing solutions.
The successful candidate must have high energy levels, good communication skills and enjoy working in an agile, forward thinking technical environment. The remuneration offered with this role will include an attractive commission based incentive and group staff benefits such as life insurance, income protection and participation in the group’s equity scheme.
The ideal candidate will have commercial and sales skills, be technically aware and have experience of sales in the financial services sector.
- Develop and convert sales opportunities targeting the provision of credit solutions to training and education companies to support point of sale finance to their end customers. Options will include:
○ Full service loan underwriting and administration services;
○ Forward Flow loan purchase agreements; or
○ Batch loan funding/purchase solutions.
- Develop a clear understanding of the functional capabilities of FTV’s existing software solutions, and their ability to integrate with third party platforms;
- Working with our marketing team to develop key sales tools and collateral;
- Overall maintenance of BCaP’s CRM to maintain portfolio of leads and client sales opportunities.
Key Competency Requirements:
- A successful track record in B2B financial services sales.
- A strong awareness of contemporary, cloud and web-based software solutions.
- Good understanding of non-bank consumer finance regulation and business models.
- Competent in articulating credit underwriting criteria.
- Self-motivated and sales driven.
- Confidence in leveraging marketing opportunities to drive sales.
- Minimum 5 years sales experience.
- Strong communications skills.
To be considered for this position please apply below.