Treasury & Reporting Analyst – London – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Treasury & Reporting Analyst.
Operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment, a unique and exciting opportunity exists for a Treasury & Reporting Analyst to join a growing Group Finance team.
The Trust team will be responsible for providing a complete finance function for the Group’s trusts and asset portfolios in the EU, with responsibility for all internal and external accounting and reporting requirements.
Working closely with the Capital Management and Treasury teams, this role will manage all aspects of financial and regulatory reporting for the UK mortgages business and securitisation vehicles.
The role will suit an individual with some exposure to Structured Finance and/or RMBS/ABS transactions seeking to move into a challenging role to work with experienced professionals in a growing financial services business.
The role will be based in London but may require occasional travel to Cambridge.
Portfolio Management & Reporting:
- Production of monthly waterfall calculations and validation of principal and interest reporting.
- Production of monthly investor reports for the UK mortgage warehouses and Irish asset finance securitisations.
- Manage warehouse drawdown requests and maintain short-term cash flow forecasts for client funding accounts to understand future requirements.
- Manage the Client’s equity requirements and ensure there is available cash to drawdown on.
- Managing queries as they arise from clients, investors and auditors.
- Ensure weekly interest rate swaps are executed and hedge payments/receipts are actioned.
- Lead and present monthly waterfall review meetings with business unit heads.
- Regulatory reporting including BOE, FCA reporting and preparation of internal & external quarterly monitoring and compliance reporting of finance facilities’ covenants, obligations and undertakings, including financial covenant forecasts and early warning reports on covenant/undertaking breaches and other default risks.
- Release customer settlements and ensure the mortgage administration systems is updated accordingly.
- Release monthly payments on the Interest Payment Date to paying agents and Suppliers.
- Manage key relationships with banks, trustees, paying agents, rating agencies and servicers.
- Manage bank accounts and ensure bank mandates are appropriate and consistent with standard signatory lists and are updated for staff changes.
- Management of mortgage portfolio transactions and associated financial reporting at month end into the general ledger system.
- Review of monthly business unit financials to ensure figures reported are accurate and provide any necessary variance commentary against budget.
- Review the bank reconciliation for corporate and client accounts on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with the Investments team on any portfolio sales or purchases.
- Working in partnership with business units on ongoing process improvements and reporting needs.
Education & Experience:
- 1 or above Undergraduate degree, with any finance related post‐graduate Qualification preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong numerical and computational skills. You will need to be comfortable working in excel with large data sets as well as a range of software packages.
- Strong communication skills. You will be required to communicate in clear and easily understandable terms to various stakeholders across the business.
- Highly professional approach to work. From day one, you will be in contact with the senior management team as well as external partners.
- An understanding of consumer finance products (residential mortgages, auto and asset finance receivables) and/or structured finance products would be a distinct advantage.
To be considered for this position please apply below.