Maintenance Engineering Technician – Dublin – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Maintenance Engineering Technician.
If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our Client’s products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to the business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here’s how this role will help:
- Provide technical support to manufacturing equipment through effective maintenance, troubleshooting and breakdown support, optimizing operation by Continuous Improvement and Structured Problem Solving (SPS) techniques.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of highly-automated special-purpose equipment, including development of effective Preventive and Predictive maintenance using a Reliability-Centred Maintenance (RCM) approach as appropriate.
- Closely support and coach the manufacturing teams in the operation of equipment.
- Ensure spare parts, consumables and documentation records are maintained and available.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of Quality and EHS.
- Liaise with internal engineering & project co-ordination team to ensure full compliance with solution requirements, working within standard operating procedures, and providing feedback to the internal engineering team in relation to experience of integrated software solutions.
Education & Experience:
Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of highly-automated filling/sealing/assembly/packaging process equipment preferred.
- National Mechanical/Electrical craft certificate or a third level diploma/degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. electrical, automation, instrumentation or mechanical).
- Experience of technical support of automated systems and of commissioning and validation of such equipment is desirable.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Clear understanding and experience of maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical, instrumentation and automation systems. This includes PLCs and HMI, pick-and-place robotics, control pneumatics, IPCs and PC-based tools, Vision systems (preferably Cognex), VSDs and Servo-drives, SCADA and data/signal telemetry a distinct advantage.
- The ability to program and develop database reports using MS SQL 2012, TSQL and Rockwell FactoryTalk VantagePoint a distinct advantage.
- Experience using a CMMS system, preferably PEMAC or SAP.
- Willingness to work different shift patterns and to travel to equipment vendors if required.
Our Client offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
To be considered for this position please apply below.