Marketing Manager – London – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Marketing Manager.
Based in London, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, coordinating and executing the multi-channel marketing strategy for our Client, an innovative specialist financial services organisation. The role will report into the Director of Sales & Distribution and The Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading the marketing team, consisting of a Marketing Executive & Marketing Apprentice.
Primary objectives of the Role:
- Develop and implement the marketing and brand strategy, including all PR related activities, in support of the business vision to be a leading specialist finance provider for customers that aren’t supported by the high street banks.
- Research, analyse and evaluate the competitive market environment. Monitor threats and opportunities and amend actions where necessary to ensure brand development.
- Produce valuable and engaging multi-channel content that attracts our target market.
- Build strategic relationships with external suppliers to the marketing team, including agencies, technology providers, website publishers and affiliate networks, in order to maximise the value they deliver to the business. This includes responsibility for selecting and negotiating with any future relationships.
- Support the development of new product initiatives, taking responsibility for marketing and promotional activities.
- Grow reach, engagement and loyalty of followers on social websites (e.g. LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube), maximising commercial opportunities from these environments.
- Identify opportunities to enhance online marketing performance through further platform development, and develop business requirements together with IT team for implementation of these enhancements.
- Oversee event activity, taking responsibility for all logistical arrangements, ensuring sales support materials are provided and supporting marketing campaigns deliver measurable value.
- Manage and control all marketing budgets.
- Centrally and collaboratively support the international business units marketing teams, working as the central lead and sponsor to ensure activity is focused and aligned across the globe.
- Be subject matter expert within the business, keeping abreast of and communicating to internal stakeholders key trends and developments in digital advertising, including bench-marking of customer strategies.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or demonstrable professional experience.
- Strong marketing expertise, with real success and experience in digital marketing within a fast paced consumer & B2B environment.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation including DPA and GDPR.
- Experience of using Content Management systems (e.g. Kentico) and ECRM systems (e.g. Dotmailer).
- Proven track record in delivering exceptional results in a performance-based environment.
- Experience of negotiation and management of external agencies at a senior level.
- Ability to develop strategies from scratch, with outstanding attention to detail in order to turn these into plans and then push projects through to execution.
- Creative thinker with ability to develop new concepts and adapt to the ever-changing digital landscape.
- Highly organised, proactive and able to manage own time – a proficient multi-tasker.
- Outstanding analytical skills, with experience is using Google Analytics to produce detailed reporting on all marketing activity.
- Excellent communication skills with high standard of verbal and written English.
- Willingness to learn, enthusiasm, infectious energy and ambition to progress within a marketing or commercial career.
- CIM or equivalent qualification an advantage.
- Knowledge of the intermediary mortgage market an advantage.
To be considered for this position please apply below.