Statutory Accountant, Nordics – Stockholm, Sweden – 6 Month Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Statutory Accountant.
The role is a six month contract and reports directly to the Head of Controlling for the Nordics & Baltics cluster.
As part of the Regional Finance Team, the role acts as accountant and financial support to the full Nordic and Baltic organization. The role supports the finance team with month end close process and integration/implementation projects.
This position is a member of the Accounting team in Nordics & Baltics and will be involved with general ledger transactions, local GAAP and statutory accounting/reporting for the Nordics. This position needs to understand the policies around internal controls and books compliance.
The position is part of a team of 4 finance professionals reporting to the Head of Controlling Nordics and Baltics. The role is in close collaboration and liaison with multiple functions within Finance and especially with the other Accountants and Shared Service Center in Dublin, to ensure adherence/compliance of the local accounting.
The responsibilities include:
- Statutory accounting requirements for SE, NO, FI and DK, including additional report, interim financials and audit filings.
- Assist with Audit preparations, filing, registration at the Companies House etc.
- Actively participating in the integration activity regarding the Legal Entity Consolidation (LEC) in Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- In coordination with CS and the ERP Team perform AP & AR ledger clearing pre-merger.
- Coordinate Vendor Master Data migration. Follow up with ERP Team on full master data set up (e.g. missing info as IBAN and any other stoppers causing missing migration of key master records).
- PO clearing and GRNI GL balance reverse before merger.
- User acceptance testing where required.
- CC and GL mapping review. Coordinate between the local accountant and MI to finalise the mapping before merger.
- Preparation of financial information for transactions and preparation of transaction journal entries, for locally owned accounts.
- Assist in managing the relationship between local and the Shared Service Center.
- Government statistics, VAT (outsourced), import duties etc.
- High quality Financial analysis and modeling from a system integration perspective.
- System integration, best practice reporting and system use for the accounting of the Nordics Baltics region.
- Assist in providing strategic system change and set up to improve finance processes.
Education & Experience:
- Finance and economy experience/Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Solid Nordics Statutory accounting background.
- Professional experience of 5 years minimum.
- Experience of working in complex environment and business orientation.
- Finance department with a multinational company.
- Fluency Swedish, English, and preferably another Nordic language.
- SAP R/3 – super user/excellent user.
- Strong Excel and data consolidation skills (example Vlookup formula or Pivot tables).
- Experience in commercial finance (FP&A, Budgeting and cost analysis).
- Experience of system implementations.
- Previous Accountant in an international and complex environment.
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience desirable.
- Cross cultural and international experience.
- Experience using JDE.
- Experience in USGAAP, SOX.
- Hyperion HFM, Essbase and Smartview.
To be considered for this position please apply below.