Accountant – Cambridge – Permanent
Nicholas Howard are delighted to be recruiting for an Accountant to join our Financial Services client based in Cambridge.
- Production of monthly waterfall calculations and investor reports for Group’s UK mortgage warehouses and securitisation vehicles.
- Bank of England and FCA reporting.
- General ledger postings and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Arranging payments to investors and service providers.
- Liaison with banks, trustees, paying agents, rating agencies, servicers when required.
- Review of existing processes and use of the Group’s new BI system to automate and improve production of financial information.
- Management of one or two staff, to include recruitment and training where necessary.
- Deputise for the Senior Group Accountant
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and support within the department as required.
- Work with the Capital Management team to set up new warehouses and SPVs.
- For a more experienced candidate the role could be widened to include statutory accounts and tax.
The Ideal candidate will hold the following skills:
- Qualified accountant
- Team player with a customer centric focus
- Excellent quantitative skills and attention to detail
- Strong task management skills and initiative, self-starter
- Ability and confidence to work with individuals across all levels of the business and with external service providers
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Experience in financial services and securitisations
- Familiarity with regulatory reporting requirements
- Successful in identifying and implementing process improvements
To be considered for this position please apply below.