NQ Solicitor or Paralegal – Property Finance, Winchester
A talented NQ Solicitor or Paralegal is now required to work within the specialist area of Property Finance in a leading Winchester based private practice law firm.
Our client is a highly regarded private practice law firm that works closely with high profile clients in a variety of sectors; providing specialist legal advice coupled with expertise and regional insight. The firm prides itself on its joined up service to both private individuals and companies and building refreshing client relationships to truly understand their needs and their industry.
By thinking differently, the firm can deliver inspiring results. They now have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal or Newly Qualified Solicitor to join their highly regarded Property Finance team located in Winchester on a permanent basis. This role would suit a fee-earner with previous commercial property experience and who has a strong interest in this area of law. The role will involve work relating to lender only in taking and perfecting security over residential buy-to-let or commercial properties from individuals, trusts, companies and limited liability partnerships.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the relevant security and ancillary documents from templates
- Reviewing Valuation Reports
- A basic review of title and transactional documents
- Identifying issues and taking the necessary steps to resolve them
- Dealing with receipt and dispatch of funds to complete the finance
- To achieve agreed financial targets, both in respect of fees and the recording of chargeable and non-chargeable time.
- Responding to clients in a timely manner liaising both with the client and borrower’s solicitor.
- Maintaining good communication with other members of the firm.
- To undertake any specified responsibility as delegated by the manager
- To use case management systems effectively.
The candidate – key requirements:
- Ideally at least 1 years experience working within Commercial Property or Real Estate.
- Enthusiastic and keen to acquire new legal skills and develop their role within the team.
- Experience in managing own caseload.
- Confident user of a Case Management System.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Able and willing to take responsibility for and conclude actions.
- The integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Committed team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication.
- The ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Good IT skills in Word and other Microsoft products such as Outlook.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading and highly professional and specialist property team in Winchester. A market rate salary together with a generous benefits package will be available.
All applications will be reviewed with 2 working days and short-listed candidates contacted within that time-frame.